Futaba 14MZ Mode Change

I started out doing this for mates and club members but I am now being asked on a regular basis so I think it is only fair to let people know I am NOT a Futaba agent or authorized repairer and If you need a mode change done then please go to PerthRC, which are authorized agents and repairers.

The swapping of the gimbals is a pretty straightforward thing to do, if you've converted other radio's before this should be simillar however the 14MZ is a larger more complex piece of gear that has a lot more little bits like ribbon cable terminals that you need to know how to release and secure, just a tab that you pull or push don't tug on the cables.
    The software is however a bit more involved and it would take some explaining but basically you need to run the Futaba factory config /calibration 'utility' software. The catch is if you upgraded the 14Mz to the more recent firmware versions you can't run the utility software and Futaba has not and will not release the latest version of the utility software.
    So, we need to revert back to the earliest 14Mz firmware version on your radio to run the utility software.
    In the utility software you need to go through the calibration process including the mode change portion. Some of the buttons etc are written in Japanese. This is the crucial part. If you get the calibration wrong your radio will be unusable until you get it right. I spent a lot of time / trial and error figuring it out.
    Then finally update the radio to the recent firmware version, and you'r done.
    I would love to dedicate a site to showing how to do this conversion however the legal issues relating to letting people download the software and firmware prohibits me doing it.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the sofware involved, pm me with your email address.

moneymike
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Nitro View Post
    I started out doing this for mates and club members but I am now being asked on a regular basis so I think it is only fair to let people know I am NOT a Futaba agent or authorized repairer and If you need a mode change done then please go to PerthRC, which are authorized agents and repairers.

The swapping of the gimbals is a pretty straightforward thing to do, if you've converted other radio's before this should be simillar however the 14MZ is a larger more complex piece of gear that has a lot more little bits like ribbon cable terminals that you need to know how to release and secure, just a tab that you pull or push don't tug on the cables.
    The software is however a bit more involved and it would take some explaining but basically you need to run the Futaba factory config /calibration 'utility' software. The catch is if you upgraded the 14Mz to the more recent firmware versions you can't run the utility software and Futaba has not and will not release the latest version of the utility software.
    So, we need to revert back to the earliest 14Mz firmware version on your radio to run the utility software.
    In the utility software you need to go through the calibration process including the mode change portion. Some of the buttons etc are written in Japanese. This is the crucial part. If you get the calibration wrong your radio will be unusable until you get it right. I spent a lot of time / trial and error figuring it out.
    Then finally update the radio to the recent firmware version, and you'r done.
    I would love to dedicate a site to showing how to do this conversion however the legal issues relating to letting people download the software and firmware prohibits me doing it.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the sofware involved, pm me with your email address.
    Hey buddy, would you please email me with the utility to change my 14mz from mode 1 to mode 2, i would greatly appreciate it..

mike

Hi,

My name is Scott Law and i'm from England, Is there any chance you can send the software to change my 14mz mode 1 to mode 2.

Thanks for your time.

Scott

Sorry my e-mail is scott.a.law@btinternet.com

Cheers

Hi Scott and thanks for dropping by, this thread is from last year and may not elicit a response from the original poster. You may find some luck posting on another reputable Australian forum www.archeli.com.au and you may find 'Mike" there.

Hope this helps and for the record just persevere with mode 1, it's awesome too! lol.

J.

Files sent Scott